Non-Degree Graduate Status

If you meet the following requirements:

  • Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
  • Are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or valid visa holder - Non-degree seeking students ARE NOT eligible to be issued I-20s
  • Classes approved by BOTH the academic department and the Division of Continuing and International Education
  • And meet any other requirements outlined in the
    Policies Governing Enrollment in Continuing Studies Non-degree Graduate Status

Then you can enroll in graduate credit courses* (a LIFETIME maximum of two courses are allowed in this status) at UM through the Division of Continuing and International Education(600 level courses ONLY).

*Not all departments allow enrollment in their courses for non-degree seeking graduate students. 

Please Note: The School of Business Graduate program does not participate in this program. 

Additionally, Continuing Studies Non-Degree Graduate students ARE NOT eligible for enrollment in "0" Research Credit Courses.

BE ADVISED: Non-Degree Graduate Status, Non-Degree Undergraduate Status, Non-Degree Alumni Status, etc., each have unique requirements, regulations, and pricing.  Once a student applies and/or  registers in any specific student status,  their status CANNOT be changed for that semester. 

Online Application for Non Degree Graduates

Click the link above to apply to the Non-Degree Graduate Status (a LIFETIME maximum of two courses are allowed in this status) at UM through the Division of Continuing and International Education (Non-degree Graduate status is eligible for enrollment in Graduate 600 level classes only). 

Call 305-284-4000 to find out if the specific course you are interested in is open for enrollment as a graduate non-degree seeking student.

NOTE: Application takes up to a week to process and must be received (to be processed) at least 5 working days before the first day of the semester.

All new students are required to provide proof of immunization against measles and rubella, and all international students are required to submit proof of a tuberculosis (TB) test at least 12 months prior to registration. New students are encouraged to comply with these requirements prior to arrival on campus and will receive an immunization form with other information from the Health Center. Students who do not comply with these requirements will be subject to a negative service indicator which prevents further registration and release of transcripts. Read more about Health Center immunization requirements.