Non-Degree High School Status FAQs

If I miss a semester do I have to reapply?

If you do not enroll in a major term (Fall or Spring), you will have to reapply online at (by completing the non-degree undergraduate high school application and paying the non-refundable $75 application fee). 

When is payment due?

Payment is due before the first day of class. Students may pay online through their CaneLink. Questions regarding payments and refunds should be made to the Office of Student Account Services, 158 Ashe Building, 305-284-6430. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and until 6 p.m. on Wednesday.

What happens if I do not pay on time?

If tuition is not made before the first day of class, late charges may apply. If tuition is not paid in a timely manner, all courses will be dropped and no grades will be assigned (this will prevent you from enrolling in any future courses until all pending balances are paid completely).

Where do I pay for Tuition?

You may make payment at or in person at Student Accounts in the Ashe building.

What are the term dates?

Check the online academic calendars for term dates as well as other important dates during the term.

How do I get my Cane Card or books and parking decal?

Students are responsible for obtaining their cane cards for more information call the Cane Care Office at 305-284-3096, books for more information call the UM Bookstore at 305-284-4101 and parking permits for more information call the Parking and Transportation Department at 305-284-3096.

What if my parents work at the University of Miami?

Contact the Benefits Office at (305) 284-3004 or e-mail the office at to see if you qualify for the tuition remission benefits.

How can I enroll in classes?

After you have been accepted you may turn in a completed Course Request Form to You may find the form at

I do not know what class to take?

You should speak to your High School counselor in order to know what classes are acceptable for you to take.